Position: Parts & Workshop Manager
Location: Purfleet, Essex RM15
Reports To: Head of Service Operations
Supervision Exercised: Parts Advisors, Parts Controllers, Workshop Supervisor, Workshop Engineers, Workshop Apprentices, Workshop Assistant.
Summary of Job:
Taking responsibility for managing the Purfleet workshop to ensure workload is carried out in the most effective and efficient manner to deliver the highest productivity levels. Responsible for leading our busy Parts Department, increasing sales potential and providing excellent customer service, demonstrating a first-class management style and a comprehensive technical understanding of the materials handling industry
- To manage the workshop in an efficient manner and have exceptional management skills. Managing the workshop engineers, apprentices and Assistant, to ensure they are working effectively and efficiently, ensuring:
- equipment is checked, maintained, repaired, refurbished etc. to the expected level as dictated by the business operations and within a reasonable time frame in relation to the work required. Minimising any faults and issues within the first 3-6months of hire/sale.
- Equipment is maintained in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, delivering a quality and reliable product.
- the correct tooling is present, in the correct working condition and being used properly.
- any training/development areas are identified and actioned.
- a high level of health and safety is conducted at all times, whilst maintaining our ISO and other regulatory standards.
- the workshop is displaying the correct image to customers and the rest of the business, ensuring the work areas are clean and tidy, safe and well maintained.
- Planning and organising the work, ensuring the correct skilled engineer is allocated, all work is clearly defined and that a suitable completion date is set and achieved.
- Monitor costs to ensure the defined work is delivered in the most cost-effective manner, maximising the profit levels.
- Liaising with other departments within the business, as well as external customers.
- Ensuring that relevant admin duties are carried out in accordance with current regulations and compliance.
- Manage the parts department operation and co-ordinating parts stock, supply, deliveries and returns, ensuring:
- The delivery of over counter sales, administration and promotion.
- parts are sourced in a timely and cost-effective manner. Ensuring VOR parts supply is expedited to return trucks to service within the shortest possible time.
- stock levels, in all depots, site and van stocks are monitored and managed to ensure stock moves frequently.
- that all parts and accessories are correctly binned and accurately recorded.
- that the Company’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that Operating Standards are maintained in order to meet objectives and achieve targets.
- that a thorough understanding and an up to date knowledge of all products are maintained by all of the team.
- accurate cash and credit controls are maintained.
- team assist Technical Manager in handling all warranty claims and coordinate with suppliers to ensure compliance.
- all Parts Invoice Queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- all purchase orders are managed and any discrepancies resolved.
- all employees are trained to work efficiently with all customers and parts and ensure the effectiveness of all warehouse operations according to objectives and prepare appropriate forecasts. Maintaining effective training standards for all employees.
- effective parts processes are developed for both internal and external customers and maintain an inventory for all service departments and coordinate/maintain relationships with various suppliers to obtain all discounts.
- the Protean parts system is cleansed and processes/procedures are improved as required.
- inventory of all physical parts is monitored and oversee all return processes for parts. Ensure that all Parts returns (Including Warranty) are processed fully, on a daily basis and report any errors to Service Management.
- Promote satisfactory customer relations through expeditious and courteous handling of our customers. Monitor the current customer base and recommend strategies to ensure an optimal level of customer satisfaction.
- Determine monthly and annual objectives and targets and evaluate all activities for departments. Identify and resolve all issues and ensure achievement of all short- and long-term objectives.
- Work with other procurers in Acclaim to look for alternative cost-effective suppliers and to ensure current suppliers are providing their goods at the best prices without reducing the quality.
Contact Name: HR@acclaimhandling.com
Job Reference: Workshop & Parts Manager Purfleet
Applications by email only, strictly no agencies.